FOSECO SHOWCASES NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR DIE CASTING AT EUROGUSS
Controlled Metal Treatment & Melt Quality is Key for Aluminium Foundries
As the die casting industry becomes more sophisticated, demands for improved metallurgical control are increasing. To meet this demand, Foseco has added new features to its industry leading FDU degassing units and MTS melt treatment stations to ensure that our technology is state of the art in technology for automated aluminium melt treatment:
- SMARTT software offers various programs for rotary degassing and predicts the best treatment practice based on ambient conditions, melt temperature, rotor design and alloy composition. The treatment parameters are automatically transferred into the FDU MTS.
- SMARTT ensures that any defined hydrogen level can be reached through a combination of degassing and subsequent upgassing as appropriate. A customised report system records all parameters to ensure full process traceability.
- Granulated grain refiners are automatically dispensed by the Metal Treatment Station. This grain refiner offers many advantages such as improved melt fluidity during casting, reduced inclusion level and better mechanical properties. The dross remaining after the treatment is low in metal which additionally saves costs. The dosing equipment uses a gravimetric load cell to ensure highest dosing precision for best metallurgical results as well as repeatability and traceability.
- Shaft and rotor design are continuously improved to offer high efficiency in degassing at long service life.
COVERAL, SIMODAL and NUCLEANT fluxes are a range of new granulated treatment agents to cover the principal foundry operations of cleaning, drossing, modification and grain refinement. They have been specially formulated for use in conjunction with FDU and MTS which keep smoke and fume to a minimum.
Crucibles for Non-Ferrous Foundries
Foseco offer a complete range of silicon carbide and clay graphite crucibles, retorts and other specialised shapes for use in fuel fired, induction and electric resistance furnaces. In the aluminium metal transfer area crucibles from the ENERTEK energy saving and DURATEK long life family highlight the energy and cost saving potential in melting, holding, and metal processing furnace applications.
Refractories for Non-Ferrous Foundries
Foseco’s monolithic refractory lining range includes ALUGARD low-cement castables and TRIAD no-cement castables. The TRIAD range contains a new aluminium “non-wetting” additive giving excellent resistance to corundum development across a wider temperature band, while KELLUNDITE dry-vibratable linings are ideally suited to coreless induction melting furnaces.
Aluminium Melt Shop
INSURAL multi-part and highly insulating dosing furnace linings for aluminium foundries combine energy savings with long-service life and resistance to oxide build-up.
The use of energy efficient dosing furnaces in aluminium foundries is seen by many as the best available technology today. Foseco is now able to supply a new multi-part and highly insulating lining made of INSURAL which is delivered ready to install. Installation can be achieved in less than 3 days with no ongoing hydrogen issues and due to a totally dry installation process no sintering of the lining is necessary. Energy saving can be as high as 17%.
For more Information please visit:
Source: Foundry Planet
- Material Matters: Iron Ore, Copper, Coal, Lead & Nickel
- Raw Material and Energy Prices Cause Existential Threat to the European Foundry Industry
- Charter acquires Wisconsin iron foundry
- India - 'Raw material prices forcing foundries to shut operations'
- Iron ore price rebounds despite poor demand outlook
- Brazil temporary slashes import tariffs on steel products
- ASK Chemicals Group completes acquisition of the industrial resin business from SI Group
- What Happens When the World’s Key Metal Exchange Has No Metal?
- See all News