USA: VICTAULIC ACQUIRES WAUPACA FACILITY IN PENNSYLVANIA
Victaulic (Easton, Pennsylvania), a global manufacturer of mechanical pipe joining, fire protection and flow control solutions has purchased a 220,000-sq.-ft Waupaca manufacturing plant in Lawrenceville, Pennsylvania. When operating at full capacity, the facility will increase Victaulic’s foundry production capacity by 70 percent in the U.S. and allow for future growth as Victaulic’s business demands increase. The facility, including two foundry molding lines, will also enable Victaulic to produce larger scale products.
“The addition of Waupaca’s Lawrenceville foundry will provide the scale and capacity necessary to continue our growth plans, and most importantly, service our valued North American customers,” said John F. Malloy, Chairman of Victaulic. “Additionally, Victaulic is doing its part to add vital manufacturing jobs within Pennsylvania. A major aspect of our business strategy has always been to manufacture products in close proximity to our customers.”
Victaulic anticipates adding new jobs to Tioga County in the near future, with many expected to be filled by local talent from the area’s skilled workforce. New hires will join the current Victaulic team of more than 1,600 Pennsylvania employees and approximately 4,500 people globally.
“Victaulic greatly appreciates the support of Develop Tioga, Tioga County, the Tioga County Commissioners, and its local elected officials, particularly Senator Cris Dush and State Representative Clint Owlett,” said Rick Bucher, Victaulic president and CEO. “We are dedicated to building a long-term, mutually beneficial partnership with the region and its hardworking residents.”
The company is also nearing completion of an additional 400,000-sq.-ft. light assembly facility in Lower Nazareth, which is expected to be fully operational in 2021.
Source: Modern Casting
- Bulk Buys: Iron ore hits astonishing $US230/t, upside remains
- China to strictly manage steel smelting in effort to achieve carbon neutrality goal
- COMMENT: China's new ferrous tax regime to kickstart new era of steel
- ASSOFOND: «"POSITIVE TREND, BUT RAW MATERIALS AND THE JOBS JEOPARDIZE RECOVERY IN THE ITALIAN FOUNDRY INDUSTRY"
- China cancels export rebates for most steel products and removes import duties on pig iron
- FRAUNHOFER IFAM EXPANDS ITS RANGE OF SERVICES AND EXPERTISE IN LOW-PRESSURE DIE CASTING FOR APPLIED RESEARCH
- Tesla creates new team to accelerate use of new materials in its products
- USA Rare Earth: supplying critical minerals for the green technology revolution
- See all News