China’s 2020 pig iron output up 4.3% on year
Issued at 2021-01-21
China’s total pig iron output in 2020 reached an all-time high of 887.5 million tonnes, higher by 4.3% on year, new data from the country’s National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) published on January 18 showed.
Though the growth in pig iron output over the full year was below the 5.2% on-year rise in the country’s total crude steel output last year, it was fractionally higher than the 4.2% gain for January-November, the data shows
- Brazil's AVB receives carbon-neutral steel certificate
- Metals prices at multi year highs as supply plays catch up with demand recovery
- European Foundry Industry Sentiment
- CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP AT FOSECO; OUTLOOK FOR A STRONGER FOUNDRY INDUSTRY
- ELKEM TO STUDY CARBON CAPTURE OPPORTUNITIES WITH AKER CARBON CAPTURE AND SAIPEM
- Aluminum castings work well for applications which require lower weight and structural soundness.
- Hubert Windegger Appointed Chief Financial Officer of ASK Chemicals Group
- A Jobbing Foundry Joins the Shift to Automated Grinding
- See all News