Messer Acquires Majority of North American Gases Business of Linde
Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners Fund VII acquired most of the North American gases business of Linde plc and certain Linde and Praxair business activities in South America, launching a new name in the Americas market. With over 70 production facilities and approximately 5,400 employees in five countries (U.S., Canada, Brazil, Colombia and Chile) across North and South America, Messer Americas is one of the largest industrial gas companies in the region. As part of The Messer Group, the company offers over 120 years of proven expertise in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases.
Jens Luehring will serve as president and CEO of Messer Americas.
Together with Messer Group, the company represents a $3 billion global enterprise with presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Source: Industrial Heating
- ASK Chemicals to acquire industrial resin business from SI Group
- Ford and the Future: Where the Legacy Automaker Stands in the Race for a Driverless Car
- GM investing $20M in Texas plant for next-gen SUVs
- What’s Really Behind Slowbalization
- Development of a newly patented process to speed up the hardening of inorganic sand cores
- Global Casting Production Expands
- A visit that pays off!
- See all News