North American aluminum consumption in auto industry to increase by 40% in 2025
Based upon the data from the US’ EXCO Resources Inc., the aluminum consumption in North American auto industry would increase by 40% in 2025 compared with the same period in 2012. The sales volume in the US took over more than 95% market share of the total, while Canada and Mexico occupied less than 5% in North American auto market.
It was reported that there was increasing application of aluminum in auto industry as it had good resilience, high inherent strength and flexibility so that it could apply in tailgate frame, engine mount, roof console, running board, etc.
Also, the report indicated that the replacement from traditional steel to aluminum in vehicle frame could reduce the weight by 50% than before.
- European mills idle 15 mil mt/year pig iron capacity on coronavirus outbreak: Vale
- New dates of METAL CHINA 2020: Aug. 18-20
- Coronavirus: What companies can do in the current situation
- Resilient data reinforces China's stature as global economic engine
- China's iron and steel industry maintains steady growth
- Steel futures gain traction as Argus-linked LME steel contract marks birthday
- DUTY BPW Offers the Lightest Trailer Running Gear
- Brazil: Freighter ran aground – almost 300,000 tons of pig iron on board
- See all News