Brazilian pig iron exports up 28,7% in 2020
In 2020, Brazilian pig iron exports increases 28,7% year on year 3.738 million mt, reflecting the booming demand from China. Accordingly, while in 2019 China acconted only 10% of the total volume of Brazilian pig iron export, in 2020 its share to 56,6%.
Meanwhile, the share of its more traditional customer, the USA, decreases by 24,65 percentage points Y-O-Y to 17,55%.
In December alone, the Brazilian pig iron export rose by 14,5% Y-O-Y and 20% month on month to 366,093 mt.
Source: Steel Orbis
- China’s 2020 pig iron output up 4.3% on year
- Fiat Chrysler investing $204 million in Poland plant
- Ford to stop making all passenger cars except the Mustang
- Brazil, Australia iron ore shipments set 2020 record
- Iron ore in 2021 is looking like… iron ore in 2020
- India - Foundries demand import duty cut on key raw materials
- A new Swedish iron processing project could disrupt the global steel industry
- BOSCH REXROTH CELEBRATES 225TH ANNIVERSARY
- See all News