NBS: China’s Jan-Aug pig iron output up 3.4% on year
Issued at 2020-09-16
China’s pig iron production increased by 3.4% on year to 589.4 million tonnes over January-August, with the growth lower than that of crude steel output at 3.7% over the same period, according to data from the country’s National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) released on September 15.
Growth in hot metal output during the first eight months was also faster than the 3.2% on-year growth during January-July, as the total volume in August alone recorded an on-year incline of 5% to around 78.55 million tonnes, Mysteel Global notes.
- Cummins, Navistar to Develop Fuel-Cell Class 8 Truck
- A BRIEF INTRODUCTION ON HOW THE DEVELOPMENT IN DIE CASTING IS REVOLUTIONIZING THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
- AN EXPECTED 20% DROP IN SALES FOR AMERICAN FOUNDRIES
- Brazilian pig iron export market up again on shortage
- LET'S TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE OF CASTING - ANKIROS / TURKCAST 2021
- POLITICIANS FOCUS ON HYDROGEN ENGINE: EU BECOMES SHAREHOLDER OF KEYOU, SECURING PARTS OF THE SERIES A INVESTMENT ROUND
- Brazil pig iron exporters bullish on higher charcoal costs, good local market
- China Returns To Net Aluminium Exporter In September
- See all News