NBS: China’s Jan-Aug pig iron output up 3.4% on year
Issued at 2020-09-16
China’s pig iron production increased by 3.4% on year to 589.4 million tonnes over January-August, with the growth lower than that of crude steel output at 3.7% over the same period, according to data from the country’s National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) released on September 15.
Growth in hot metal output during the first eight months was also faster than the 3.2% on-year growth during January-July, as the total volume in August alone recorded an on-year incline of 5% to around 78.55 million tonnes, Mysteel Global notes.
- CHANGES AT THE HELM OF THE EUROPEAN FOUNDRY ASSOCIATION AS THE INDUSTRY RECOGNISES ITS IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE ‘GREEN REVOLUTION’
- ASK CHEMICALS - Creating two divisions and changes in management
- Definition of Metallurgist
- China’s steel output hits new record high in August
- 15 Largest Pig Iron Producing Countries in the World
- Croatian Experts to Work on Aluminium Components for BMW
- Iron ore price rockets to highest since January 2014
- US met coal supplies, exports face sharp drop in 2020: investment bank
- See all News