Ukraine climbs to ninth place in world pig iron production
"Ukraine ranks ninth among 40 pig iron producing countries (9.98 million tonnes, or 97.4% compared to January-June 2019). [...] Ukraine ranks 13th among 62 steel producing countries (10.1 million tonnes, or 92.4% compared to January-June 2019)," the Ukrmetalurgprom Association reported.
According to worldsteel, about 673.24 million tonnes of pig iron was produced in the first half of 2020, or 4.4% less than in the same period of 2019.
China remains the world's largest pig iron producer (432.68 million tonnes; 2.2% more than in in January-June 2019). The share of Chinese pig iron in world production in the first half of 2020 was 64.3%.
The top five pig iron producing countries in the first half of 2020 also were India (44.67 million tonnes; down 21%), Japan (31.92 million tonnes; down 15.8%), Russia (26.28 million tonnes; up 4.1%), and South Korea (21.52 million tonnes; down 8.7%). Ukraine ranked ninth among 40 world pig iron producers in the first half of 2020 (9.98 million tonnes; down 2.6%).
World steel production in the first half of 2020 amounted to 873.13 million tonnes, which was 6% less than in the first half of 2019.
The top five steel producing countries in 2019 were China (499.01 million tonnes, 1.4% more than in H1 2019), India (43.13 million tonnes; down 24.3%), Japan (42.21 million tonnes; down 17.4%), the United States (36.2 million tonnes, down 18.3%), and Russia (35.25 million tonnes; down 2.9%). Ukraine was 13th among 62 world steel producers in the first half of 2020 (10.1 million tonnes; down 7.6%).
According to worldsteel, Ukraine ranked tenth in world pig iron production (20.06 million tonnes) and 13th in world steel production (20.85 million tonnes) in 2019.
- China Returns To Net Aluminium Exporter In September
- Waupaca Foundry wins 2020 Green Foundry Sustainability Award
- Brazil’s Sept iron ore exports the highest since 2015
- China’s iron ore imports boosted by Brazil, Australia supplies
- CHANGES AT THE HELM OF THE EUROPEAN FOUNDRY ASSOCIATION AS THE INDUSTRY RECOGNISES ITS IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE ‘GREEN REVOLUTION’
- ASK CHEMICALS - Creating two divisions and changes in management
- Definition of Metallurgist
- China’s steel output hits new record high in August
- See all News