74th World Foundry Congress delayed until 2022
The 74th World Foundry Congress has been postponed until October 2022.
The event was due to be held in October of this year in Busan, South Korea, but the organising committee, the Korea Foundry Society and the World Foundry Organization (WFO) have decided to postpone due to the current COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The new date for the 74th WFC will be 16-20th October 2022, at the same venue of the former program – Bexco, Busan, Korea.
Under the guidance of the WFO, the event is held every two years in different locations around the world and brings the global foundry industry together to discuss technical aspects of metal casting. It is accompanied by an industry exhibition, an extensive social programme and industrial visits.
WFO general secretary EurIng Andrew Turner FICME said: “This decision was not taken lightly but in view of the current situation and the uncertainty around international travel that looks set to be in place for some time, the judgement was taken with the host organisers – the Korea Foundry Society – to postpone the event to ensure that when it is held in 2022 participants can come together safely and gain maximum benefit from attendance.”
For updated information and to be kept informed about the rescheduling of WFO events, email: email@example.com or visit: www.thewfo.com
Source: Foundry Trade Journal International
- FOSECO’S LATEST COATING INNOVATION: SEMCO FD – THE NEW FAST DRY WATERBASED COATING
- Charlotte Pipe and Foundry to Build New State-of-the-Art Plant
- HOW TO START UP EQUIPMENT AFTER LONGER PAUSES IN PRODUCTION. WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR.
- CASE STUDIES IN FOUNDRY 4.0
- 10th BRICS Foundry Forum Postponed - 第十届金砖国家铸造业高层论坛将延期举办
- Protolabs to Install World’s Largest Metal 3D Printer
- Iron ore prices to remain subdued on weak demand
- European steel margins may dip in Q2 on weak demand
- See all News