Coronavirus: What companies can do in the current situation
There is no question about it: In 2020, the economy will decline sharply due to the coronavirus. The current situation is still confusing. Therefore, clear recommendations for action from the scientific community as well as strong support from politicians will be crucial in the near future. Companies can implement these steps promptly in order to make the best out of the crisis.
VDMA: A quick survey reveals uncertainty in the industry
On March 17, the German Engineering Federation (Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau e. V.) published a study that shows the status quo of the industry on average. Approximately 1,000 companies participated in the survey. As many as 59 per cent had already observed "significant impairments in operational processes as a result of the spreading of the coronavirus". There were 7,500 confirmed corona cases in Germany at the time of publication.
State support is assured
Recommendations for action: This is how the business can be balanced out
- FOSECO’S LATEST COATING INNOVATION: SEMCO FD – THE NEW FAST DRY WATERBASED COATING
- 74th World Foundry Congress delayed until 2022
- Charlotte Pipe and Foundry to Build New State-of-the-Art Plant
- HOW TO START UP EQUIPMENT AFTER LONGER PAUSES IN PRODUCTION. WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR.
- CASE STUDIES IN FOUNDRY 4.0
- 10th BRICS Foundry Forum Postponed - 第十届金砖国家铸造业高层论坛将延期举办
- Protolabs to Install World’s Largest Metal 3D Printer
- Iron ore prices to remain subdued on weak demand
- See all News