AAM Sells U.S. Casting Operations
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. (AAM) entered into a definitive agreement to sell its U.S. iron casting operations (Grede) to funds managed by Gamut Capital Management for $245 million. Across 10 manufacturing facilities, Grede develops, manufactures, assembles and supplies ductile, gray and specialty iron castings and machined components for the automotive, commercial vehicle and industrial markets. AAM will retain its El Carmen, Mexico, iron casting operations.
According to AAM, the sale of Grede will enable the company to streamline its business. AAM will continue to optimize and invest in its highly engineered product portfolio and focus on growth opportunities including electrification.
Source: Industrial Heating
- CASE STUDY: SOLVING SHRINKAGE ISSUES IN A HEAVY DUTY IRON CASTING
- U.S. Steel to Cut Carbon Intensity by 20%
- A reliable brand in uncertain times
- GF Casting Solutions completes withdrawal from automotive iron casting business in Europe
- Global Foundry Review 2019 – changing down a gear for automotive suppliers
- Sales of German foundry machinery up by 17 per cent in 2018
- We don’t need no education
- ALLOY DIE CASTING ANNOUNCES NEW INVESTMENT
- See all News