Tupy becomes first foundry to adopt SinterCast Cast Tracker technology
- Complete traceability for sand cores, moulds and castings; from core assembly to shipping
- First Cast Tracker system installed for high volume series production at Tupy Mexico
- Applicable to all Compacted Graphite Iron, grey iron and ductile iron production
[Joinville and Stockholm, 24 June 2019] – Following a successful eight-month validation trail, Tupy Saltillo has become the first foundry in the world to adopt the complete SinterCast Cast Tracker™ technology. The technology is based on the unique labelling of every core package, together with optical camera recognition of the core package in storage and during moulding. The technology then uses RFID identification of every flask at moulding, casting and shakeout to provide complete traceability throughout the foundry process. The SinterCast Cast Tracker technology evolves castings from commodity parts produced in batches to individual components that include complete and unique traceability of the production history. The technology ensures that every core package is within specification prior to casting, and generates a single database to allow engineers and managers to improve process efficiency and to troubleshoot the foundry process, identifying and eliminating the root cause of casting defects.
“The SinterCast Cast Tracker technology is an important step in our commitment to establish Tupy as the cast iron foundry leader for process control, innovation and Industry 4.0 traceability. Together with the SinterCast Ladle Tracker® technology that we pioneered in 2016, Cast Tracker ensures that every ladle and every core package remain within our process limits, while the comprehensive database improves our internal measurement of process efficiency KPIs, troubleshooting and traceability” said Mr. Fernando de Rizzo, President and C.E.O. of Tupy. “With the Cast Tracker technology, our customers will know the exact minute the core package was produced, the storage time, the liquid metal history, the shakeout time and all of the quality control inspection results for every casting. Cast Tracker brings improved quality and efficiency for Tupy and improved confidence for our customers”.
“With Cast Tracker, every casting becomes a unique individual, carrying its complete process history, from inception (coremaking) to birth (casting) and ultimately to shipping. We have improved traceability – including determination of the cast sequence within a ladle – while eliminating manual data collection, paper records and time consuming data entry” said Dr. Steve Dawson, President & CEO of SinterCast. “Together with our core CGI process control technology and our Ladle Tracker technology, Cast Tracker provides an exciting extension to the SinterCast suite of technologies. Cast Tracker increases our opportunity to supply the grey iron, ductile iron and non-ferrous foundry industries, increasing our scope of supply and providing the potential for additional running revenue from ongoing series production.”
- How virtual plants increase production efficiency
- CASE STUDY: SOLVING SHRINKAGE ISSUES IN A HEAVY DUTY IRON CASTING
- U.S. Steel to Cut Carbon Intensity by 20%
- A reliable brand in uncertain times
- GF Casting Solutions completes withdrawal from automotive iron casting business in Europe
- Global Foundry Review 2019 – changing down a gear for automotive suppliers
- Sales of German foundry machinery up by 17 per cent in 2018
- We don’t need no education
- See all News