ELKEM BUYS TM TECHNOLOGY LTD
ELKEM ASA HAS ACQUIRED THE UK COMPANY TM TECHNOLOGY LTD AND ITS PRODUCTION OF THE FOUNDRY ALLOY, TENBLOC®. TENBLOC® IS USED FOR IN THE MOULD INOCULATION OF DUCTILE AND GREY IRON.
Elkem ASA is based in Norway, and one of the world’s leading companies for environmentally
responsible production of materials. Elkem manufactures a wide range of inoculants, MgFeSi alloys
and preconditioners for the production of cast iron.
Elkem is a global leader in metal treatment solutions to the cast iron industry and a supplier of high
quality ferrosilicon to the steel industry. This acquisition will strengthen Elkem’s position in this
market and the ability to provide customers a wider range of specialized products.
“Our customers need different solutions for their metal treatment processes. At Elkem we want to support our customers‘ success with reliable premium products and by sharing our experience in process improvement. With Tenbloc in our portfolio Elkem is able to extend the offering and meet customer demands even better.”
Roland Hennigfeld, Global Sales and Marketing Director in Elkem.
The TM Technology Ltd plant is located in Dronfield UK, and will be rebranded as Elkem Dronfield
Source: Foundry Planet
- Nucor Acquires Precision Castings Company
- Century Aluminum Expanding in Kentucky
- Event Report of IFCE-2018, Lahore-Pakistan
- Automotive Aluminum Design Drives the Conversation
- PRICING NOTICE: Proposal to refine US, Brazil pig iron prices
- FOUNDRIES TOLD TO COME UP WITH TECHNOLOGIES FOR MSMES
- METAL CHINA and CIDC 2019 Open Up New Markets
- UK - First Foundry Apprentices start in the new National Foundry Training Centre
- See all News