New Elkem Foundry plant in China
On the day of the ceremony, Elkem staff and managers, customers, government officials from Shizuishan and Vice President of the China Foundry Association where gathered for the celebration. Jean Villeneuve, SVP of Elkem Foundry Products, told the story of the journey that led to the opening of the plant. In 2013, Elkem Foundry Products decided to “become a true global leader in metal treatment solutions to the iron industry”. At that time, the division had a strong footprint in North America and Europe and had identified a need for local production in Asia. Shortly after, the construction of the new plant in China began. This new plant will help Elkem in delivering tailor made solutions to customers that will reduce costs and increase efficiency.
The General Manager of Elkem Foundry Products, Mr. Liuhe, spoke of Elkem’s long history as a technology provider and the Vice President of the China Foundry Association wished Elkem the best of luck with the new plant.
After the ceremony, the attendees visited the new plant, which has advanced technology, high EHS standards and follows the Elkem Business System. Making sure that all plants have the same standards and company culture is an important strategy for Elkem in China, and when promoting Elkem Foundry Products new business in China.
- Automotive Aluminum Generates Lowest Total Carbon Footprint
- UKRAINIAN MANUFACTURER MAKES THE CLEVER CHOICE: THE FIRST DISAMATIC C3-B-250 IN EUROPE
- China's iron ore demand to remain flat as scrap steel use rises
- USA - Ellwood Group Diversifies with $60M Aluminum Plant
- NOVEL SCK FEEDING SYSTEMS FROM FOSECO
- ELKEM ASA CELEBRATES OPENING OF NEW PLANT IN PARAGUAY
- Metso to increase its foundry capacity in India
- Do your company has a very good product or service? So what?
- See all News