New Elkem Foundry plant in China
On the day of the ceremony, Elkem staff and managers, customers, government officials from Shizuishan and Vice President of the China Foundry Association where gathered for the celebration. Jean Villeneuve, SVP of Elkem Foundry Products, told the story of the journey that led to the opening of the plant. In 2013, Elkem Foundry Products decided to “become a true global leader in metal treatment solutions to the iron industry”. At that time, the division had a strong footprint in North America and Europe and had identified a need for local production in Asia. Shortly after, the construction of the new plant in China began. This new plant will help Elkem in delivering tailor made solutions to customers that will reduce costs and increase efficiency.
The General Manager of Elkem Foundry Products, Mr. Liuhe, spoke of Elkem’s long history as a technology provider and the Vice President of the China Foundry Association wished Elkem the best of luck with the new plant.
After the ceremony, the attendees visited the new plant, which has advanced technology, high EHS standards and follows the Elkem Business System. Making sure that all plants have the same standards and company culture is an important strategy for Elkem in China, and when promoting Elkem Foundry Products new business in China.
- Nucor Acquires Precision Castings Company
- Century Aluminum Expanding in Kentucky
- Event Report of IFCE-2018, Lahore-Pakistan
- Automotive Aluminum Design Drives the Conversation
- PRICING NOTICE: Proposal to refine US, Brazil pig iron prices
- FOUNDRIES TOLD TO COME UP WITH TECHNOLOGIES FOR MSMES
- METAL CHINA and CIDC 2019 Open Up New Markets
- UK - First Foundry Apprentices start in the new National Foundry Training Centre
- See all News